3ds Max intro course: 3Ds Max and V-Ray for creating 3D architectural imagery, from beginner to advanced
Course Updated 10/27/2017 – now contains resources for moving on to more advanced techniques after finishing this course.
- 10.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 Articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
What Will I Learn?
- This course is intended to introduce 3d Visualization to the students, starting from the ground up. I will teach all the basic skills for getting you started making awesome images and building a portfolio.
- Learn to bring your 3D designs to life.
- Learn 3ds Max basic navigation, customization, transforms, modeling, etc.
- Learn the basics of rendering using Vray, the industry standard for Arch Viz.
- Learn Vray materials, lighting and cameras.
- Learn the basics of using Photoshop to create texture maps, and also post-process your renderings to create beautiful finished images.
- Provide the foundation for starting a career in 3d visualization.
- Complete your first photoreal, professional rendering using 3ds Max and Vray.
- Follow along with multiple professional projects, both interior and exterior (source files provided)
- Improve your lighting, composition, and post-processing skills
- Start creating professional looking 3d visualization by following along with the course projects.
- After learning the basics with the first projects, jump into more advanced projects with the latest versions of the software
- New content added regularly
- Adjust your knowledge for the most up to date versions of the software
- 64 bit Windows operating system
- Computer and Internet
- Ability to download / install trial software
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of CAD, 3d software, photo editing, art / illustration — helpful but not necessary.
- Previous experience in a design field is helpful, but also not necessary.